Subscribe to Homoeopathy For All magazine. 12 years ~ 5 years ~ 2 years ~ 1 year. Online payment by credit card / debit card.

Reader's Queries

Family history of G6PD deficiency

Our family (younger brother, elder daughter and myself) are suffering from the deficiency of Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD). My elder daughter is pregnant. Please guide me if there is something that can help us. At least the child who is yet to be born should not carry this deficiency.

Apparently we don't have any major problem, though we take the necessary precautions.
- Vinod Suri, August 2002
Dr. R.K. Manchanda responds
If your son-in-law is also suffering from G6PD deficiency then the chances of development of G6PD deficiency in the newborn (both male and female) are present. But if the father is not suffering from G6PD deficiency, and the newborn child is female, then she will be the carrier of the disease.

Efforts can be made to give constitutional homoeopathic medicine to the would-be mother but we do not have any such cases. However, it is still advisable to consult a homoeopath for the treatment of the mother which in turn can help the baby.

Posted on: Feb 02, 2013



T E L L - A - F R I E N D
Tell A Friend
*Message to friend
(You may change or add to this message)
*Your name :
*Your country :
*Your E-mail address :
Your webpage :
*Friend 1 - E-mail address :
Friend 2 - E-mail address :
Friend 3 - E-mail address :
Friend 4 - E-mail address :
Friend 5 - E-mail address :
    By submitting your data you accept our terms.


Also from
HFY Group of Publications

Advancements in Homeopathic Research
Peer Reviewed Quarterly Homeopathic Research Journal